Hands-On Introduction to Mob Programming – Woody Zuill – Sydney/Melbourne
Agile Guide. Mob Programming & #noestimates pioneer
Woody Zuill, a software development manager and programmer, trainer and Agile Coach has been programming computers for 30+ years. He is a pioneer of the Mob Programming approach to teamwork in software development, and is considered one of the founders of the “#NoEstimates” discussion on Twitter.
Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Agility
Mob Programming: A Whole Team Approach Experience Report
Mob programming – with Woody Zuill
Introducing Mob programming: The best team technique you’ve (probably) never heard of
Woody Zuill on Mob Programming and No Estimates
Leading Agile Podcast Agile 2016 Video Podcast, Author and Thought Leader Woody Zuill
Agile Amped – Woody Zuill and Mob Programming to “Get the Best Out of Everybody into Everything We Do”
Developer On Fire Episode 054 | Woody Zuill – Turn Up The Good
Agile For Humans 012: Agile Experiments with Woody Zuill
This Agile Life Ep. 76 – Contrivance of Humans (#NoEstimates)
Legacy Code Rocks: Mob Programming with Woody Zuill
SPaMCAST 348 – Woody Zuill, #NoEstimates
Topic: Hands-On Introduction to Mob Programming
Mob Programming: All the brilliant people working on the same thing, at the same time, in the same place, and on the same computer.
Mob Programming is a cost-effective, collaborative and fun way to get work done together. It’s a whole-team approach to development, where coding, designing, testing, and working with the “customer” (partner, Product Owner, User, etc.) is all done as a team.
Who should attend?
This workshop is perfect for software development teams and their leads. It’s also perfect for development managers, VPs of Engineering and even CTOs.
What are we going to do?
Participants in this workshop experience a day of learning and doing Mob Programming. We cover the mechanics of how to work together as a Mob as well as the techniques that make this form of development so effective.
We’ll learn how a Mob performs sample project work, including user stories, prioritization, test-driven development, refactoring, and retrospectives.
Designed and facilitated by Mob Programming pioneer Woody Zuill, this workshop provides a hands-on education in the art of mobbing and it’s significant benefits for your teams.
- How software development teams can be effective working on just one thing
- Heuristics for team size
- Guidelines for successful collaboration
- Handling competing solutions and ideas to a coding problem
- Encouraging politeness and kindness of team members
- Reducing or eliminating harmful conflicts
- Mobbing Mechanics
- Tools for team coding
- Workspace setup
- How to “Amplify Learning” and take advantage of continual learning opportunities
- “Real-time” and continuous Retrospectives to reflect, tune, adjust
- The theory of why Mob Programming is effective.
- Test-Driven Development (TDD) as a team
- Working with Product Owners, Business Experts, Testers,Designers as part of the team
- Refactoring as a team
- Continuous feedback at all levels of granularity